- Provide key operational and administrative support for a leading Not for Profit organisation
- Full time, limited tenure position for 12 months, St Kilda Road – Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Cancer Epidemiology Division (CED) conducts a broad range of research aimed at expanding our understanding of the factors that contribute to or protect against the development of cancer, or survival following a cancer diagnosis. It comprises a multidisciplinary team of epidemiologists, statisticians, dieticians, data managers and support staff, committed to understanding how to improve our efforts at cancer control.
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Senior Administration Officer to join the Cancer Epidemiology Division. Reporting to the Unit Leader, Research Operations your role is responsible for the efficient and effective management of daily activities in CED, including maintaining administrative systems and providing operational support to the CED Leadership Team.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management, Office Administration or other relevant field
- Strong experience maintaining information and office systems, preferably within a research environment, and a proactive approach to administrative process improvement
- Demonstrated finance administration experience
- Strong organisation skills, with an ability to work autonomously and the proven ability to meet deadlines
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $62,883 - $69,594 pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Larissa Popowski: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note due to COVID-19 the majority of employees continue to work remotely. This will be reviewed in line with government instruction.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check.
Applications close Thursday 21 January 2021