Share, help others, give back, be heard
If you or a loved one have had a cancer diagnosis you have ‘lived experience’ which gives your feedback weight and collectively, can influence change, which is an invaluable thing.
While Victoria has some of the best cancer survival outcomes in the world, there are still differences in cancer treatment and inequities in patient experience and survival.
Cancer Council is working to improve cancer outcomes for all Victorians, but we can’t do this alone and need your help.
This could be by:
- sharing your story to illustrate your experience with health or support services
- providing feedback on our cancer information or support services
- informing research funding decision-making
- participating in discussion groups on important issues
- speaking at events or in some cases doing an interview with media
- joining committees that steer our programs and research.
By getting involved and joining our Community Advisory Network, you get the opportunity to share your experience, to be heard and in turn give back by providing invaluable insights to improve the cancer experience for other patients.
Register your details and we’ll get in touch with opportunities to get involved.
Issues we’re tackling
We work with clinicians, researchers, community members, governments and policy makers, non-government organisations and cancer agencies to highlight key areas of need and inequity.
Our priorities for urgent action focus on improving outcomes in prevention, early detection, treatment, support and research for all Victorians and include:
- providing equitable access to treatment and supportive care
- reducing the cost of cancer
- preventing and detecting cancer early
- improving access to clinical trials.
Learn more through our submission report to the Victorian Cancer Plan 2020-24 that was informed by more than 600 Victorians affected by cancer, cancer clinicians and researchers.
Hear from others who've shared their cancer stories.
Ways to get involved
If you're paying more for things like tests, scans, medications, specialists, transport and accommodation, we want to hear from you.