- Work with a highly skilled team at the forefront of cancer education
- Identify opportunities for digital and blended learning, using a Learning Management System
- Full time fixed term (12 month) position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Strategy and Support Division comprises the units of Cancer Information and Support Service (CISS), Research and Programs Governance (RPG), Cancer Strategy Unit (CSU) and Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs).
The Cancer Strategy Unit is an instrumental part of the Strategy & Support Division, interfacing with cancer clinicians, consumer groups and supportive care policy makers. The Cancer Strategy Unit consists of several high-profile work areas, key to progressing the strategic priorities of Cancer Council, including the Education, Training and Peer Support Team, Information and Communications Team and the Clinical Network.
The Education, Training and Peer Support team provides education, training development to health professionals, volunteers and support staff to assist them to deliver best practice support to people affected by cancer.
About your opportunity
We are seeking an education/training/development professional to join the Cancer Strategy Unit. Reporting to the Manager, Education and Training, your role is to:
- Identify professional development needs across all disciplines of health care and in the wider cancer community and strengthen our cancer education and training programs to address these needs
- Identify opportunities for digital and blended delivery, using a Learning Management System
- Work closely with our Program Coordinators and Instructional Designer and engage with key stakeholders both locally and nationally to increase awareness and uptake of programs.
The role may extend to other existing and new programs which meet the needs of current and future health professionals and consumer groups.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A tertiary degree in health, education or a related discipline and substantial experience in the development, implementation, coordination and evaluation of education programs, using a learner-centred approach.
- Experience in using project management methodology to deliver work, and ability to prioritise and manage the requirements of diverse user groups.
- Well-developed relationship management skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in a cancer related field will be highly regarded.
What we can offer you
This full-time 12-month position provides a salary within range $70,593- $79,370 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to email@example.com. For more information contact Amanda Piper on (03) 9514 6299.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check.
Applications close 14 January 2019