Resources for facilitators of our Cancer Education Programs, Living with Cancer Education Program (LWCEP) and Cancer Wellness Program, are available in the secure facilitator portal.
About the programs
Our annual Year in Review report outlines program achievments and innovations across the state.
Living with Cancer Education Program
- Dealing with treatment and side effects
- Communicating with family and friends
- Building relationships with a healthcare team
- Relaxation strategies
- Nutrition and exercise during treatment
Cancer Wellness Program
- Adjusting to physical and emotional changes after cancer treatment
- Adopting healthy lifestyle behaviours
- Strategies that assist with supported self-management
- Returning to work and managing the financial impacts of cancer
Our two day interactive facilitator training courses provide everything required to successfully deliver our highly regarded Living with Cancer Education Program and Cancer Wellness Program, including:
- Group facilitation and presentation skills
- Adult learning techniques
- Opportunities to practise skills learned
- Program planning, promotion and recruitment strategies
- A facilitator manual and program resources
- Networking, professional development and regional/yearly planning opportunities
- Non-assessed Continuing Professional Development (CPD) credit recognition for participation in training and program delivery
The training program provides a great opportunity to network with other professionals in your field. Facilitators are supported to tailor the program to best meet the needs of their communities.
Please contact Cancer Council Victoria at email@example.com for details about costs and dates of upcoming facilitator training programs.
After you complete the training
At the completion of training, facilitators are provided with resources, access to the facilitator portal, ongoing support and opportunities for professional development and networking with other facilitators.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD) recognition
Cancer Council Victoria supports health professionals of all disciplines to claim non-assessed CPD credit for all aspect of involvement in the Cancer Council Victoria Cancer Education Programs, including:
- Participation in the Facilitator Training program
- Participation in ongoing professional development activities
- Annual presenting hours for ongoing delivery of the program
Professionals are advised to refer to their respective college/association policies and guidelines for claiming CPD points.
“I became a Living With Cancer Education Program facilitator because as a social worker in the day oncology unit, I had heard good feedback on how helpful the program was from patients. I am a believer in peer support, so apart from the fabulous information people get, they have an opportunity to talk to others in the same boat.” – Julie