We work with researchers to recruit patients with cancer to research projects. We support research which fosters improvements and innovations in cancer prevention, clinical practice and cancer service delivery. If needed, we can fast track coding of specific notifications to suit your study. Recruitment and fast tracking of coding is charged on a cost recovery basis.
- If you're a researcher interested in:
- using us to assist with a recruitment study, please complete the Data Access Form.
- investigating how we might assist you in recruiting patients to clinical studies, contact the VCR Director on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you're impacted by or diagnosed with cancer, you may find information about our various research projects useful.
VCR-led research studies
Some notable research studies we lead include:
- The E-Path project
- Funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, this project enables us to obtain, in near real-time, an automatic feed of cancer notifications from Victorian pathology laboratories. This decreases the burden of reporting manually by laboratories and vastly improves the speed we capture data.
- The Abrevio project
- Funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, this project enables us to improve the efficiency of processing cancer notifications using AI technology, support the expansion of the VCR dataset and replace aging infrastructure and databases.
If you'd like to know more, you can speak to us directly.