The Discussing Difficult News workshop has been developed to support clinical staff to communicate effectively with people affected by cancer when delivering difficult news. This workshop provides a practical, evidence-based conceptual framework to use in such situations.
During the workshop participants will:
- Explore emotional reactions of patients or families upon receiving difficult news
- Become familiar with communication skills and strategies
- Practice verbal and non-verbal clues to enhance effective communication
- Gain tools and language to build trusting relationships for better patient experience
- 1 x 4-hour workshop
- Small group (max. 8 participants)
- Discussions about evidence-based communication skills frameworks
- Experiential learning with a simulated patient (actor) to practise and receive feedback in a safe environment.
We also offer individualised group workshops for organisations. Please contact Alison Beal or Gagan Kaur Cheema at email@example.com to find out more information.
Cost for an individual is $285.