The ‘Wellness and Life after Cancer Exercise and Supportive Care program, provides people who have finished their cancer treatment with education and exercise sessions delivered at multiple sites in the region by local health professionals. The education session will be delivered at each site using video conferencing to link participants together.
Register your interest
This program can assist you to:
- Increase your fitness and strength
- Perform daily tasks
- Learn how to cope with life now
- Connect with others
This free eight-week group based education and supportive care program can help empower you to improve your health and wellbeing as you move from treatment to recovery and wellness.
- Exercise, recovery and wellness
- Fatigue and cancer treatment
- Health and wellbeing plans
- Eating well and being active
- Wellbeing and relationships
- Finances and work
- Your GP and your health
- Local services
“This program helped me make new friends, learn to breathe better, exercise and achieve my goal of cooking for myself again”
- Roger, participant.
This program is run by trained health professionals, supported by Cancer Council Victoria.
Exercise and education programs are currently being held in Hume and Grampians regions.
- Hume: Goulburn Valley Health (Shepparton), Northeast Health (Wangaratta)
- Grampians: Stawell Regional Health, Rural Northwest Health (Warracknabeal), Wimmera Health Care Group (Horsham)
This pilot program has been funded by the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services, and is a partnership project between Cancer Council Victoria, Grampians Integrated Cancer Services and Hume Regional Integrated Cancer Services.