The Responding to Emotions in Cancer workshop has been developed to support clinical staff to communicate effectively with people affected by cancer. This workshop provides a practical, evidence-based conceptual framework for enhancing communication in healthcare settings.
During the workshop participants will:
- Explore common emotional reactions that cancer patients can experience
- Recognise verbal and non-verbal clues to enhance effective communication
- Become familiar with communication skills and strategies
- Practise verbal and non-verbal communication techniques to expand on communication skills.
- 1 x 4-hour workshop
- Small group (max. 8 participants)
- Discussions about evidence-based communication skills frameworks
- Experiential learning with a simulated patient (actor) to practise and receive feedback in a safe environment.
Date: Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Date: Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
Time: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
We also offer individualised group workshops for organisations. Please contact Gagan Cheema at email@example.com to find out more information.
Cost for an individual is $285.