Clinical Consultation Skills Education Retreat
9-11 October, RACV Torquay Resort
Cancer Council Victoria and Deakin University's Centre for Organisational Change in Person-Centred Healthcare are partnering to deliver the inaugural Clinical Consultation Skills Education Retreat at the RACV resort, Torquay. Accepted internationally as the ‘gold standard' in communication skills training, this evidence-based program is open to oncology clinicians to develop and enhance communication skills for real-world clinical scenarios.
Run over three days at the luxury RACV Torquay Resort, the event will allow clinicians to fully immerse themselves in experiential learning. The program focuses on enhancing core skills and mentoring capabilities in communication for clinical scenarios, including discussing bad news, mismatched expectations, determining goals of care and coordinating end-of-life care.
Scholarship options are now available to advanced trainees/registrars and cancer nurse practitioners. Contact us for more information.
- Small group format with direct access to expert facilitators and highly trained simulated patients.
- Internationally recognised, highly regarded, evidence-based training.
- Alignment with continuing professional development requirements of the professional bodies and colleges to enable recognition for CPD/CME credits.
- Luxury accommodation and fully catered conference package at the RACV Torquay Resort. Guests can enjoy onsite leisure facilities that include an 18 hole golf course, tennis courts, indoor swimming pool, spa, sauna. Partners welcome.
- Child friendly accommodation options.
To find out more and to register, please visit our website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org . Places are strictly limited.