- Lead the development and implementation of an education and training strategy with the aim of reducing the impact of all cancers on all people
- Manage a small team delivering best practice learning programs to health professionals, consumer groups and organisations across Victoria
- Full time fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. The Strategy and Support Division’s goal is to minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community now and into the future. The Division comprises the Cancer Information and Support Services, Research Program and Governance Unit, Cancer Strategy and Optimal Care Pathways units.
The Cancer Strategy Unit is an instrumental part of the Strategy & Support Division, interfacing with cancer clinicians, consumer groups and supportive care policy makers. The Cancer Strategy Unit consists of several high-profile work areas, key to progressing the strategic priorities of Cancer Council, including the Education, Training and Peer Support Team, Information and Communications Team and the Clinical Network
The Education, Training and Peer Support team provides education, training and development to health professionals, volunteers (including peer support volunteers) and support staff to assist them to deliver best practice support to people affected by cancer.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a dynamic Manager, Education and Training to join the Strategy & Support Division. Reporting to the Head of Cancer Strategy, your role is to:
- Lead and support a dedicated team providing best practice cancer education and training programs to support practice change
- Build capacity of current and future health professionals and consumer groups in the realm of cancer education
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders, including health professionals, tertiary institutions and other pertinent health bodies
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in health, education or a related discipline
- Substantial experience in innovatively designing, managing and evaluating adult education programs and using a range of educational technologies such as Learning Management Systems
- Extensive experience in delivering education and training through various means, including face to face, simulated learning and more
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to deliver on key strategic goals
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 12 months provides a salary within range $82,316 - $97,406 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Amanda Piper on (03) 9514 6299.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check
Applications close Monday 14 January 2019