Communications Officer (Quit.79)
- Want to flex your persuasive writing muscles?
- Exciting opportunity to create engaging stories and content to motivate Victorians to quit smoking and make healthy lifestyle changes.
- Devise shareable social media content for multiple channels
- Great opportunity for talented writer to develop other communication skills and experience
Utilise your talent for creative storytelling to connect with Victorians through varied platforms
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Prevention Division aims to prevent cancer for all Victorians particularly in populations at greatest risk.
Quit Victoria is a part of the Prevention Division. Quit Victoria's mission to end the tobacco toll by discouraging young people from becoming addicted to nicotine, and supporting all people to become tobacco-free through the collaborative design and implementation of evidence-based policies and programs.
About your opportunity
We want a creative writer with the ability to bend words to their will and capture the attention and imagination of the Victorian population, as part of the Prevention Division's Communications team working primarily on Quit, your role is to:
- Write copy for websites, newsletters, posters, brochures, video scripts.
- Identify promotional opportunities for Quit programs.
- Develop social media calendars and content across a variety of platforms
- Support the Communications team and learn on the job about social marketing, digital advertising, digital content development and web development.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Demonstrated experience in creating compelling content both written and across other media.
- Dedication to producing high quality content and a commitment to uncovering the most engaging material to connect with our target audience.
- High level relationship building skills, with the ability to build rapport and listen empathetically
- Desire to build your communication skills.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position until 23 December 2017 provides a salary within range $49,000-55,000 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity read the Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria. But wait, we don't want a response to the key selection criteria, instead please send us two pieces of your best copy - preferably written for two distinct audiences. Forward your full application (cover letter, resume and two pieces of copy) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Rebecca Cook on 03 9514 6492.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check
Applications close 16 January 2016