Managing changes during cancer treatment
Presented on 8 September 2015
Cancer treatment and its side effects can place extra demands on your body. Changes like fatigue, nausea and loss of appetite are common during cancer treatment.
Eating well and exercising can help you get the most out of your treatment, alleviate anxiety and make it easier for you to recover. In this webinar, expert presenters discussed managing the impacts of treatment on nutrition, physical activity and emotional health. Topics discussed included:
- common changes to nutrition, exercise and emotional wellbeing that you may experience during cancer treatment
- the impacts of these changes on day-to-day life
- practical suggestions about how to manage these changes
- how to connect with reliable information, helpful programs and resources.
Nutrition and exercise after cancer
Presented on 28 July 2015
The benefits of exercise and eating well are widely known. For cancer survivors, maintaining a healthy lifestyle can also reduce the chance of cancer coming back. In this webinar, expert presenters discussed staying healthy after treatment finishes. Topics discussed included:
- the latest evidence-based information about the ways cancer can affect dietary preferences and physical activity
- practical strategies and techniques to help improve your physical activity and nutrition
- programs and resources that can assist in managing the transition to life after treatment.