- Are you good at fixing things? Lend a hand to support a highly respected charitable organisation
- 12-month volunteer position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
About your opportunity
The Property & Logistics team manages the ‘day-to-day’ running of our Head Office and Warehouse operations.
As a valuable member of the team, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Assist with building equipment and service efficiencies
- Perform minor repair works as guided by our Property & Logistics Coordinator
- Apply your practical experience to warehousing tasks
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Great manual and basic repair-work skills
- A desire to learn more and give back to a worthy cause
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Professional and friendly working manner
Our important work in the community relies on our behind the scenes operations. If you are dedicated, like to get involved and keep things running smoothly, this is the opportunity for you.
What we can offer you
Training and ongoing support will be provided. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities, and a central location close to public transport. Free car parking and daily lunch is also available for volunteers.
This volunteering opportunity requires your commitment for at least one day per week between Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm for a period of 12 months. Days and hours are negotiable.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your application (resume and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you have any queries regarding this exciting volunteering opportunity, please contact Manny Paneda on (03) 9514 6623.
All offers of volunteer engagement will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks, including a National Police Check
If you feel you can make a positive contribution in this role, please apply as soon as possible. There is no closing date and the role will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.