- Perform minor handyman work and assist in building maintenance and set-up
- Gain experience whilst working in a highly respected charitable organisation
- 12-month volunteer position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
About your opportunity
The Property & Logistics team manages the ‘day-to-day’ running of the building including contractor management, mail processing, building services and building security. It also oversees the warehousing operations at our Laverton North warehouse.
We are seeking a dedicated and professional volunteer to join the Property & Logistics team, where you will have the opportunity to:
- Help ensure the building equipment and services run efficiently
- Perform minor repair works under the supervision of the Property & Logistics Coordinator
- Gain practical experience in a warehousing role
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Great manual and basic repair-work skills
- A desire to learn more and give back to a worthy cause
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Professional and friendly working manner
What we can offer you
Training and ongoing support will be provided. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities, and a central location close to public transport. Free car parking and daily lunch is also available for volunteers.
This volunteering opportunity requires your commitment for at least one day per week between Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm for a period of 12 months. Days and hours are negotiable.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com . If you have any queries regarding this exciting volunteering opportunity, please contact Manny Paneda on (03) 9514 6623.
All offers of volunteer engagement will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks, including a National Police Check