Supporting cancer patients, carers and survivors in the workforce
Many cancer patients continue to work during their cancer treatment and recovery, just as many people caring for someone with cancer are also holding down jobs. Often colleagues don't know what to say or how to help. The booklets below were created by Cancer Council NSW to help make attending work or returning to work or school easier for patients, carers, cancer survivors and their colleagues or classmates.
They were developed in association with employers and people diagnosed with cancer and contain information suitable for companies large and small, with case studies, handouts and workshop materials on:
- Supporting patients and carers in the workplace
- Talking to workmates about cancer
- Developing supportive policies
- Employer responsibilities
- Helping everyone cope with cancer at work
- Balancing company and individual needs
- Coping with death and bereavement.
Cancer, Work and You (0.64mb)
Cancer in the School Community (1.14mb)