Our factsheets cover the following topics:
- Dealing with debts:
- Provides information for people who are having trouble paying their debts.
- Help with bills:
- Provides options to help you pay your utility bills.
- What happens to debts after death:
- Explains what happens to debt once a person passes away. We explain the difference between a secured and unsecured debt.
- Getting your affairs in order:
- Explains what a will is and how one can be prepared.
- Your role as executor:
- Explains what an executor is and what the responsibilities are.
- Employment and Cancer:
- Provides information on the options available to you at work when diagnosed with cancer or retuning to work after cancer treatment.
- Superannuation and Cancer:
- Explains how you can access your superannuation early and provides information on super-related insurance.
- New insurance policies:
- Discusses how you can apply for insurance with a cancer diagnosis.
- Patient transport.
- Explains the Victorian Public Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS), eligibility criteria and how you can access this.
- Travel Insurance and Cancer:
- Discusses how you can apply for travel insurance when diagnosed with cancer.
- Immigration and cancer:
- Answers questions you may have about immigration law and visas.
View the entire range of practical factsheets, and financial assistance programs.
Financial distress can negatively affect quality of life for cancer patients and their families.
Every child should be able to play, learn and live in a world that supports and promotes their health and wellbeing.
Wednesday 10 November 2021
The work of epidemiologists at Cancer Council centres around looking at data to discover more about the causes of cancer, and how we can better prevent it.
Without better treatments there is a real risk that this Christmas may be Brendon’s last one with his family. We need your support so researchers like Dr Paul Beavis can help others like Brendon.
Wednesday 13 October 2021
The Victorian Cancer Biobank has received $6 million in funding to continue its vital work over the next three years. This funding will improve the lives of people facing cancer.
Our photo gallery acknowledges the work of our amazing supporters who are dedicated to a cancer free future.