Our factsheets cover the following topics:
- Dealing with debts:
- Provides information for people who are having trouble paying their debts.
- Help with bills:
- Provides options to help you pay your utility bills.
- What happens to debts after death:
- Explains what happens to debt once a person passes away. We explain the difference between a secured and unsecured debt.
- Getting your affairs in order:
- Explains what a will is and how one can be prepared.
- Your role as executor:
- Explains what an executor is and what the responsibilities are.
- Employment and Cancer:
- Provides information on the options available to you at work when diagnosed with cancer or retuning to work after cancer treatment.
- Superannuation and Cancer:
- Explains how you can access your superannuation early and provides information on super-related insurance.
- New insurance policies:
- Discusses how you can apply for insurance with a cancer diagnosis.
- Patient transport.
- Explains the Victorian Public Transport Assistance Scheme (VPTAS), eligibility criteria and how you can access this.
- Travel Insurance and Cancer:
- Discusses how you can apply for travel insurance when diagnosed with cancer.
- Immigration and cancer:
- Answers questions you may have about immigration law and visas.
View the entire range of practical factsheets, and financial assistance programs.
Round Three of the Venture Grants Research Program at the Isabella Fraser room at the State Library Victoria.
Thursday 17 December 2020
In the lead up to holiday season, we’re encouraging Aussies to avoid using aerosol sunscreens following new evidence that it’s extremely difficult to get good levels of UV protection from these products.
Having a catch up with loved ones over tea and cake feels even more special after the events of this year. And now, you can share a morning tea with friends and family while helping people facing cancer.
As Victoria’s restrictions ease and many of us look forward to a break and time with loved ones over the festive season, for people affected by cancer this can be a particularly difficult time of year.
Gay knows all too well what it means to be a cancer carer, having cared for two partners through their diagnoses. And while being a cancer carer is never easy, for Gay it came with an extra burden: her own cancer diagnosis.
With summer arriving and new data showing Aussies are still tanning, SunSmart is again reminding Victorians there’s no such thing as a safe tan.