Cancer Council is advocating for those experiencing greater out of pocket costs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. To help us achieve change we need to hear real-life examples to demonstrate how widespread this issue is. Examples of the issues we’d like to hear about are:
- Paying more for tests or scans usually done in the public system but as a result of COVID-19 need to be done in a private system
- Paying more for medications
- Paying more to see doctors or specialists
- Paying more for transport and accommodation to access treatment
- Paying more because of border crossing issues
If you want to share your experience to help achieve change, please tell us your story. We ask that you include why you are incurring the extra cost, and how much more you’re paying as a result of COVID-19.
For more information please contact Daina Patt, Engagement Coordinator, Cancer Council Victoria.
Thank you for helping achieve better outcomes for all Victorians.