"Dealing with cancer and life after cancer, patients and caregivers have a huge task coming to terms with what resources and services are available and how best to access them. This can be incredibly overwhelming. The 2017 edition of the Cancer Services guide provides a comprehensive and valuable roadmap for patients, enhancing their knowledge and directing them to vital local services and providers in their area. The services listed in this guide will help patients deal with many of the questions they have – from the practical to the complex.”
- Prof. Andrew Wei, Chair, Clinical Network, Cancer Council Victoria
A comprehensive governance framework was applied in selecting services for inclusion and content was reviewed by members of a 16 person panel including health professionals, subject experts and consumers. In particular, our independent consumer reviewers confirmed the value and necessity of this guide that now contains over 470 services available in Victoria. The services are separated into 21 categories across three main themes - Health services and information, Practical support, Health and wellbeing.
Features of the guide include:
- Categories that cover the cancer experience from diagnosis, treatment and life after cancer
- Listing of services by metropolitan and regional areas
- Reference to peak bodies as an entry point to accessing services
- Cancer Council Victoria services and programs highlighted throughout
- Colour coded information and education boxes
- Functional design with spiral bind, colour coded sections and index
The guide can be used as a complementary resource in clinical care to connect people affected by cancer with appropriate services. Please order as many as necessary to meet the needs of your health service.
Order your copy now