The Cancer Council Victoria is inviting medically qualified researchers to apply for a new early career cancer research fellowship.
The three-year Clinical Research Fellowship is designed for researchers with up to four years experience following their PhD or MD.
Clinical Research is an essential part the Cancer Council's fight against cancer with research findings often leading to better treatments for cancers.
The Fellowship may be undertaken at a Victorian Hospital, University or Medical Research Institute.
- Remuneration - A research support package of up to $100,000 pa to cover salary, plus salary on costs.
- Host Institute Support - $10,000 p.a. will be provided to assist with the provision of the required research infrastructure
- Conference Travel - $5,000 for conference travel
- Tenure - Three years, subject to annual review, commencing 1 January 2008
- Full-time/Part-time The Fellowship can be full-time or part-time. A part-time fellowship would be suitable for recipients wishing to maintain an active clinical service commitment exceeding 20% of their time.
The application guidelines and form are available from our grants and funding page.
Alternatively you may contact Ms Woody Macpherson or Ms Felicity Fairbairn at The Cancer Council Victoria, 1 Rathdowne Street, Carlton, Vic 3053, Australia. Tel: (61 3) 9635 5101 Email: Research@cancervic.org.au