- Provide outstanding customer service to Cancer Council’s supporters
- Support our iconic fundraising campaigns through phone, SMS, email and social media
- Full time, limited tenure (10-month parental leave replacement) position
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring that Cancer council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians.
Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support the Cancer Council’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values.
This is achieved through best-practice high volume direct marketing approaches; exceptional relationship management of high value supporters including Major Donors, Charitable Trusts and Bequestors; delivery of iconic fundraising events; and product sales and royalties through our retail arm.
The Division’s ways of working enable our teams to move quickly, deliver ongoing value to our supporters and foster a culture of continuous improvement. We connect our cause and values to how we organise ourselves, and our work, to help supporters play their part in saving lives and reducing the impact of cancer.
The Supporter Insights and Innovation Unit is responsible for ensuring supporters are at the heart of everything we do. This unit is responsible for the Supporter (Customer) Experience, business insights and innovation, and our supporter care contact function. Constantly in dialogue with supporters and by collaborating across the Division, this unit drives innovation, insights and experience to grow fundraising across existing and new funding streams, supporters and channels.
About your opportunity
We are seeking an engaged and organised Supporter Engagement Officer to join the Supporter Insights and Innovation Unit. Reporting to the Supporter Engagement Coordinator, you will:
- Provide exceptional front-line customer service to our supporters through phone, SMS, email and social media
- Resolve complex supporter queries in a professional and compassionate manner
- Manage the end to end outcome of each enquiry, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Work across several iconic fundraising campaigns such as Daffodil Day and Walking Stars, providing administrative and operational program support
Utilise your flexibility and solution-oriented approach to customer service to provide outstanding frontline customer service to our supporters.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Diploma in a relevant field or demonstrated experience in a similar call centre or related role
- Exceptional customer service including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to accurately update and maintain electronic records, including information repositories and databases
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and attention to detail
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information, contact Christine Shaw on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on (03) 9514 6140.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check
Applications close Sunday 20 June 2021
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.