- Use your excellent customer service to make a difference
- Interact with valued supporters across multiple channels
- Full time, ongoing position - St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communication Division is responsible for ensuring that Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from Victorians. Through a diverse revenue generation program, the Division works to ensure funds are raised to support Cancer Council’s work in line with the organisation’s mission and values.
This is achieved through best-practice high volume direct marketing approaches; exceptional relationship management of high value supporters including Major Donors, Charitable Trusts and Bequestors; delivery of iconic fundraising events; and product sales and royalties through our retail arm.
The Division’s ways of working enable our teams to move quickly, deliver ongoing value to our supporters and foster a culture of continuous improvement. We connect our cause and values to how we organise ourselves, and our work, to help supporters play their part in saving lives and reducing the impact of cancer.
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Supporter Engagement Coordinator to join the Fundraising Communications Division. You will be someone with a genuine passion for people and the delivery of outstanding customer service. Working within a ‘supporter first’ environment, you will focus on planning and prioritising work for the team that supports fundraising campaigns, across multiple channels (phone, sms, email and social media platforms). Reporting to the Supporter Engagement Lead, your role is to:
- Oversee the provision of excellent customer service to supporters by training and managing the Supporter Engagement Officers
- Plan weekly workload for the Supporter Engagement Officers based on collaborative planning with fundraising teams and utilising established predictive modelling tools
- Monitor calls for training purposes and quality control
- Adopt a customer-led, test-and-learn approach to all campaign work using supporter feedback to inform improvements to campaigns in real time
- Analyse call trends, issues and themes and evaluate customer service efficiencies and effectiveness, providing regular feedback after each major campaign
- Contribute to and report on the strategic development of outbound campaigns, including consulting stakeholders, reviewing results and advising on call effectiveness
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Advanced diploma qualification in customer service, call centre management, community management or relevant experience
- Strong experience in a call centre or related role, including staff/volunteer supervision and trainin
- Excellent customer service focus/orientation and the ability to communicate effectively across multiple channels such as phone/email/SMS/social media
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to take initiative
- Proven ability to carry out duties professionally, with tact and diplomacy ensuring privacy and confidentiality requirements are maintained
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced skills in MS Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information please contact Christine Shaw, 03 9514 6140.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, and a National Police Check.
Applications close Thursday 13 May 2021
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.