- Manage a team responsible for analysing cancer data linked with other health-related datasets
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Three-year fixed term position- co-located in the Department of Health offices and Cancer Council Victoria
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Victorian Cancer Registry is a population-based cancer registry that provides comprehensive, accurate and timely information for cancer control by developing and maintaining a high quality, accessible information asset to support epidemiological, clinical, behavioral and health services research and evaluation.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Senior Research Fellow to join the VCR Division. Reporting to the VCR Director (VCR) and the Manager, Cancer Reform (Dept of Health), your role is to:
- Lead and manage a small team who are using linked datasets to answer important clinical and operational questions relating to cancer service delivery in Victoria
- Using linked data, identify questions, design and conduct appropriate analyses to address these questions and, based on the results generated, write reports to inform cancer policy making, quality of care monitoring and manuscripts for publication
- Facilitate clinical, behavioural, epidemiological and health services research
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A PhD in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in statistical data analysis and interpretation of results, and proven familiarity with the R package
- Sound understanding of epidemiological theory and research methods
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Professor Sue Evans on 0439 388 262 or on email@example.com.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
Applications close Sunday, 7 February 2021.
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.