- Progress your research career at Cancer Council’s renowned Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer
- Support the development, conduct and reporting on a range of cancer prevention research and evaluation studies
- Full time fixed term for 2 years – 615 St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. Within the Behavioural Science Division, the Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer (CBRC) conducts high quality applied behavioural research and evaluation to inform and influence cancer control policies, programs and services. Led by Professor Melanie Wakefield, the Centre has an international reputation as a key provider of cancer prevention evidence, with active programs of research underway in tobacco control, skin cancer prevention, obesity prevention, alcohol harm reduction and cancer screening.
About your opportunity
We are seeking an experienced Research Support Officer to join the Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer (CBRC) team to support the development, implementation and reporting on selected cancer prevention research studies. Reporting to the Senior Research Officer, your role is to:
- Draft protocols, design questionnaires and prepare ethics applications.
- Conduct data processing and multivariable statistical analysis of research data under direction.
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare summaries of literature.
- Assist in writing up results of research projects for reports and/or for publication in peer review journals and/or presentation to scientific audiences.
Establish your research expertise as a member of our respected centre, applying your skills and experience across significant studies in the areas of tobacco control and alcohol harm prevention
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualification in psychology, health promotion, public health or related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in a research role providing fieldwork support, data management and/or data analysis support.
- Good working knowledge of SPSS or other statistical packages and the ability to conduct data analysis under supervision.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
To apply for this opportunity visit http://www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers/job-opportunities to download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact ‘The Senior Research Officer’, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Sunday, 8 August 2021
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.