- Lead a dynamic service-focused People Services team
- Collaborate with senior leaders across the organisation to deliver strategic people projects
- Full time (part time - minimum 0.8 FTE considered) permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people. People, Leadership and Teams (PLT) Division provide a range of strategic and operational services to support leaders, employees and volunteers. The division supports the entire employee and volunteer lifecycle, ensuring the talented and committed people of Cancer Council are able to empower the community by leading and integrating research with our prevention, support and advocacy work.
About your opportunity
We have several exciting opportunities for human resources professionals to join our team to support and develop our talented and committed people. If you want to use your skills to really make a difference; join our values inspired, fun, collaborative and high performing team and work across an amazing organisation.
We are seeking an experienced People Services Manager to join the People Leadership and Teams Division, and lead the People Services team. Reporting to the Head of People, Leadership and Teams, your role is to:
- Lead a dedicated and customer centric generalist human resources team deliver outstanding operational and transactional services for the organisation;
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and leadership empowerment, and ensure the people lifecycle policy and procedures are best practice;
- Collaborate with senior colleagues within PLT and across the organisation to deliver priority projects to support the delivery of the People Strategy.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A tertiary qualified Human Resources professional with substantial experience leading customer focussed generalist teams;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with experience liaising at all levels and proven ability to successfully influence and negotiate effective and efficient outcomes;
- Strong organisation and systems skills, with the ability to lead a team, advise leaders and drive a continuous improvement culture.
What we can offer you
This full-time (part-time would be considered for a minimum of 0.8 FTE across 4 or 5 days) permanent position provides a full time equivalent salary within range $83,000 - $97,406 pa (pro rata if part-time) plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and forward your full application (cover letter and resume) to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information contact Jennifer Atkinson on (03) 9514 6624.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check
Applications close Monday 28 January 2019