- Develop the service, maintain policies & procedures, develop & maintain budgets of existing studies
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Part time (0.2 FTE), fixed term position – flexible working conditions
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Victorian Cancer Registry (VCR) is a population-based cancer registry that provides comprehensive, accurate and timely information for cancer control by developing and maintaining a high quality, accessible information asset to support epidemiological, clinical, behavioral and health services research and evaluation.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Manager, Recruitment Services to join the VCR Division. Reporting to the Director, VCR your role is to:
- Supervise project officers employed by the VCR to undertake recruitment studies using VCR data
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures relating to recruitment studies
- Oversee the budget allocated for recruitment
- Ensure that recruitment is undertaken in accordance with protocols approved by ethics committees and legislation
- Develop and implement a strategic plan to increase the use of the VCR recruitment services by researchers
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Project management experience
- Experience in a leadership role managing and developing a team
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Health Information Management, Nursing, Science or Health Services Management or another related field and/or demonstrated relevant experience in a data management or similar role
- Experience undertaking quality review/audit of data and data systems to ensure data quality and integrity
- Excellent writing skills with experience in writing protocols and policies
- Highly developed communication skills including the ability to liaise with doctors and cancer patients with sensitivity and discretion
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Sue Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check.
Applications close Wednesday, 27 January 2021.
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.