- Lead innovative social marketing strategies with an emphasis on digital marketing and advertising
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Part time, (0.8 FTE) fixed term position until 30 June 2022 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Prevention Division aims to prevent cancer for all Victorians. This is done through community interventions, mass media, advocacy, training and providing policy advice based on the best available evidence. This involves action to affect individual behaviours and the broader physical and legislative environment to reduce cancer risk. We prioritise health inequalities, especially in relation to Aboriginal people, and in culturally diverse and socio-economically disadvantaged communities.
This is achieved through the delivery of public health programs relating to tobacco control (Quit Victoria), obesity prevention (LiveLighter, Obesity Policy Coalition, Rethink Sugary Drink), sun protection (SunSmart), cancer screening (bowel, breast and cervical), immunisation, (HPV, hepatitis B) alcohol and organisational change (Achievement Program).
About your opportunity
We are seeking a passionate, highly motivated Marketing Manager to lead the Marketing team within the Prevention Division. Reporting to the Head of Media and Communications, your role is to:
- Develop innovative marketing and advertising strategies for the Prevention Division, applying latest digital marketing and advertising technologies across all digital platforms including social media.
- Drive optimal campaign performance through application of research, data and analytics.
- Develop integrated marketing and communication briefs for the Prevention Division, drawing on research and insights to facilitate the delivery of marketing and advertising outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the team to cultivate innovation and excellence whilst maintaining personal drive and integrity.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Degree qualifications or higher in marketing, communications, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing social marketing campaigns which include public education advertising campaigns in a mix of commercial, government and/or not-for-profit environments with demonstrated experience in a senior communication role
- Strong process knowledge in the development of communications collateral from initial brief through to delivery
- Proven experience leading and mentoring highly focused and successful marketing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication and negotiation skills as well as the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships.
- Demonstrated excellence and experience in campaign development with the ability to focus on delivering results to time and budget.
- Demonstrated communication and negotiation skills including the ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative partnerships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability in using evaluation tools to evaluate marketing strategies across all channels.
What we can offer you
- A base salary within range $86,449 - $102,297 (pro rata $69,159 - $81,838) pa plus superannuation and access to a generous not-for-profit salary packaging program (up to $18,550 of your salary tax-free) https://www.accesspay.com.au/employee/what-is-salary-packaging/
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by cancer
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance and opportunities for career progression and development
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Kelly Dienaar on (03) 9514 6451.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
Applications close Wednesday 27 January 2021
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.