- Support the Victorian Cancer Registry to deliver cancer information to the family cancer clinics
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- One-year, part-time fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Victorian Cancer Registry (VCR) is a population-based cancer registry that provides comprehensive, accurate and timely information for cancer control by developing and maintaining a high quality, accessible information asset to support epidemiological, clinical, behavioral and health services research and evaluation.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Head, Victorian Family Cancer Program to join the Victorian Cancer Registry. Reporting to the VCR Director your role is to:
- Oversee the Victorian Family Cancer Program (VFCP), including staff and resources.
- Establish efficient and effective procedures and systems to promote quality family cancer data.
- Deliver a high-quality pedigree cancer verification service to the family cancer centres in Victoria. This includes overseeing the timely interchange of data between the family cancer clinics and the Victorian Cancer Registry.
- Support the information technology infrastructure used by cancer clinics and genetic services to manage patient data relating to cancer.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Postgraduate degree in Health Information Management or other related field and/or substantial experience working with large complex health related databases.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex issues and the ability to show initiative.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including the proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information, please contact Professor Sue Evans on 0439 388 262 or on Sue.Evans@cancervic.org.au.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday, 16 May 2021.
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.