- Provide comprehensive administrative support to staff across virtual and face to face events, including marketing and promotion, registration and evaluation processes.
- Be a part of a dynamic and high-performing team at Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time, one-year fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Strategy and Support Division places people at the centre of everything we do. We work directly with clinicians, researchers, policymakers and people affected by cancer to reduce inequities and improve outcomes for all Victorians, now and into the future.
Our division comprises of Cancer Information and Support Services (CISS), Research Governance and Optimal Care (RGOC), Cancer Strategy, the McCabe Centre for Law & Cancer, Marketing & Communications and Business Management.
About your opportunity
Reporting to the Business Manager, we are seeking an Event Admin Coordinator to support the growth of virtual and face to face events across the division.
- Provide administration support across key functions of virtual and face to face events for the Division including logistical and IT requirements for presenters and participants
- Coordinate event registration, room bookings, catering requirements, printing and collation of course materials and online resources
- Develop efficiencies in the delivery of virtual and in person events across the Division
- Coordinate and communicate the calendar of priority events for the Division to help meet key deliverables across business units
- Manage content and processes within the Learning Management System (LMS) in collaboration subject matter experts
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- An administration qualification or substantial relevant experience in administration or event co-ordination
- Demonstrated track record in event coordination (virtual and face to face), including detailed preparation and evaluation of events for marketing and promotional purposes
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and a track record in building credibility and rapport with internal and external stakeholders, including those from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability in identifying and solving problems, using initiative as well as the ability in managing time and prioritising tasks
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Sally Ann Ryan on (03) 9514 6322 or at SallyAnn.Ryan@cancervic.org.au.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday, 27 June 2021.
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.