- Manage data which contributes to cancer research across Australia and internationally
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- Full time, fixed term contract until 31st December 2021- St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Cancer Epidemiology Division (CED) conducts a broad range of research aimed at expanding our understanding of the factors that contribute to or protect against the development of cancer, or survival following a cancer diagnosis. It comprises a multidisciplinary team of epidemiologists, statisticians, dieticians, data managers and support staff, committed to understanding how to improve our efforts at cancer control.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Data Manager to join the Cancer Epidemiology Division. Reporting to the Team Leader, Data Management your role is to:
- Prepare scientific data for release to internal and external researchers, and work with requestors to ensure the data meets their needs
- Generate study data files to facilitate record linkage with external databases
- Support the collection, storage and retrieval of contact, scientific and biorepository data
- Create and maintain documentation, protocols and procedures to ensure data consistency and integrity
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in research, mathematics, science or related field; and demonstrated experience in data management, preferably within an epidemiology or public health research environment.
- Demonstrated experience in data manipulation and extraction using Stata or SQL.
- Exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to solve problems independently and as part of a team.
- An understanding of ethics, confidentiality and privacy as they relate to research.
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Beth Gilham on (03) 0431 445 938 or Bethany.Gilham@cancervic.org.au.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check.
Applications close Sunday 20 June 2021
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.