- Support delivery of education, engagement, policy and advocacy to improve the care of people affected by cancer
- Be a part of Australia’s most trusted cancer ‘Not for Profit’ organisation
- 0.8-1.0 FTE, fixed term position until 31 March 2022 – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Strategy and Support Division places people at the centre of everything we do. We work directly with clinicians, researchers, policymakers and people affected by cancer to reduce inequities and improve outcomes for all Victorians, now and into the future.
Our division comprises of Cancer Information and Support Services (CISS), Research Governance and Optimal Care (RGOC), Cancer Strategy, the McCabe Centre for Law & Cancer, Marketing and Communications and Business Management.
About your opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Cancer Strategy, we are looking for a Program Officer to deliver high-level administrative support to our Unit.
- Provides program support including management of databases, web administration and content or learning management systems.
- Contributes to the planning, implementation, promotion, budgeting and evaluation of Cancer Strategy programs.
- Supports special projects and facilitation of education as required.
Once established in the role, there is opportunity to receive guidance to participate in the delivery and facilitation of some of our education programs.
All about you
We are seeking a proactive and collaborative team player, with proven ability to problem-solve and manage timelines.
- Tertiary qualifications in health, public health or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in program support to a variety of online or in-person projects or programs.
- Sound relationship management and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent competency in using Microsoft Office suite, databases and digital learning systems.
- Knowledge and experience in a cancer related organisation or role is desirable.
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity, download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Amanda Piper on (03) 9514 6299 or Amanda.Piper@cancervic.org.au.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia and a National Police Check.
Applications close Monday, 14 June 2021.
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.