- Use your oncology experience and supportive care knowledge and skills in a unique environment
- Rewarding role in a friendly, positive and supportive team
- Part-time (0.5 FTE) 2 year fixed-term position (with possibility of extension)
- Looking for an experienced and regional/rurally based oncology nurse – with the ability to work flexibly between home and our St Kilda Road office
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Cancer Information and Support Service is located within our Strategy and Support Division and provides information and support services to help minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community. The Service supports people affected by any type of cancer and responds to questions relating to the prevention, detection, treatment and management of cancer and allied conditions, with a key gateway to our services via Cancer Council 13 11 20.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a professional and compassionate Clinical Nurse Specialist to join our friendly and supportive Nursing team, where you will:
- Provide tailored, evidence-based informational, practical and emotional support to people impacted by cancer via telephone, email and other mediums
- Provide appropriate referrals to Cancer Council programs and navigate people to other clinical and community-based services, dependent upon a person’s individual needs
- Provide regional / rural knowledge and perspective from your oncology nursing experience and assist in facilitating engagement and promotion of the service in your region
- Participate in and contribute to the delivery and development of support programs and research initiatives to improve outcomes for people affected by cancer.
All about you
We are looking for a Registered Nurse currently registered with AHPRA with:
- Substantial experience in Oncology and/or Palliative Care Nursing.
- Current experience working in a regional/rural area in oncology/palliative care nursing.
- A demonstrated ability to respond to the information and support needs of people affected by cancer.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and active listening skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of all types of cancer.
You will ideally continue to work elsewhere in a rural/regional clinical oncology setting to complement your work with Cancer Council 13 11 20.
What we can offer you
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and forward your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure that your cover letter addresses the Key Selection Criteria detailed within the Position Description. For more information contact Angela Cahill on (03) 9514 6257 or email@example.com
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check
Applications close Sunday 16th May 2021
Cancer Council Victoria is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cancer Council Victoria is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace, all applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability status. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council Victoria has a strong commitment to the safety, wellbeing and protection of children and youth. We therefore have robust screening procedures for people who are expected to have contact with children in their roles. This will include criminal record check, Working with Children Check and referee checks.