- Opportunity to use your oncology experience in a different environment
- Rewarding role in a friendly and supportive team
- 2x part-time (0.6 & 0.4FTE) permanent positions – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Cancer Information and Support Service is located within our Strategy and Support Division and provides information and support services to help minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community. The Service supports people affected by any type of cancer and responds to questions relating to the prevention, detection, treatment and management of cancer and allied conditions, with a key gateway to our services via Cancer Council 13 11 20.
About your opportunity
We are seeking 2x compassionate Clinical Nurse Specialists to join our friendly and supporting Nursing team, where you will:
- Provide up-to-date information and emotional support by telephone, email or mail to all people contacting the service about issues related to cancer.
- Provide appropriate referrals to Cancer Council informational, practical and emotional support programs, and to external services as required.
- Participate in and contribute to the delivery and development of support programs and research initiatives.
All about you
We are looking for two Division 1 Registered Nurses currently registered with AHPRA with:
- Substantial experience in Oncology and/or Palliative Care Nursing.
- A demonstrated ability to respond to the information and support needs of people affected by cancer.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal and active listening skills.
- A comprehensive understanding of all types of cancer.
You will ideally continue to work elsewhere in an oncology clinical setting to complement your work with Cancer Council 13 11 20, though this is not essential.What we can offer you
These 2x part-time (0.6 and 0.4 FTE) permanent positions provide a salary within range $70,593 - $79,370 pa (paid pro rata for part-time) plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (cover letter, resume and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to email@example.com. For more information contact Katherine Lane on (03) 9514 6139.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Applications close Monday 28 January 2019