Melbourne Collaborative Cohort Study (MCCS) researchers gathered general demographic information about each participant before collecting information on health and lifestyle (Appendix 1).
The demographic data collection comprised:
- which food items to include
- choice of frequency response options
- whether to ask about portion sizes
- what portions to use in calculating nutrients
- the nutrient database to use in the analysis.
Please refer to the general introduction ‘About the MCCS' in the databook for more.