Workforce Coordinator Cancer Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation (CPC.120)
- Lead the development of innovative education and training programs
- Engage and empower GPs, nurses, pharmacists and other health professionals
- Full time fixed term position until 22 December 2017 - St Kilda Road, Melbourne
Build capacity in health professionals through education to reduce the impact of Cancer
About your environment
Achieving equitable outcomes for all Victorians is a priority for Cancer Council. Located with the Prevention Division, the Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation Program aims to mobilise community participation in cancer screening and immunisation by:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating bowel screening campaigns; and
- Encouraging participation in evidence-based screening and HPV immunisation programs, including among Aboriginal and culturally diverse communities.
We do this by working in partnership with stakeholders to deliver community-based programs, implementing innovative media and communications activities and engaging with the workforce sector to support participation in cancer screening, early detection and immunisation.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a project management / education and training professional to join the Screening, Early Detection and Immunisation team. This role assists Cancer Council in achieving its objectives to reduce health inequities by building the capacity of health professionals to reach priority population groups. Reporting to the Workforce Development Manager, your role is to:
- Develop, implement and evaluate education and training programs including workshops, online training packages and other professional development opportunities tailored to GPs, nurses, pharmacists and other health professionals.
- Engage and collaborate with relevant health professional, education and workforce sector networks and build strategic alliances to advocate cancer screening, early detection and immunisation initiatives and encourage knowledge sharing.
- Oversee all aspects of the Victorian Nurse Credentialling Program, including supervision of the Project Support Officer.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in health information, primary health care, education, training or a related field.
- Substantial experience in project management within the health sector.
- Demonstrated experience in the developing and delivering training programs with a significant understanding of adult learning principals; with exposure to online learning beneficial.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills including the ability to develop, maintain and lead strong collaborative partnerships with individuals and groups.
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to present information simply and clearly in written and verbal forms to a wide range of professional and community groups.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position to 22 December 2017 provides a salary of 66,644 - 74,930 plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this opportunity download a Position Description and forward your full application (cover letter and resume) to email@example.com. For more information contact Hiranthi Perera on (03) 9514 6423.
Applications close 8 February 2017